Linen bedding is widely considered to be luxurious. Why is that? Why many celebrities, 5 star hotels and other concerned of best quality available choose linen bed sheets, pillows and duvets? Why linen is considered by many to be the ultimate material for sheeting?
Made from flax fibers, linen has been grown for thousands of years and is one of the world’s oldest fabrics. So, many generations before us have known and appreciated qualities of linen. What are they?
The Advantages of Pure Linen Bedding:
– Because of its unique filtering, bacteria resistant, ventilating, moisture absorbing and evaporating capabilities, linen bed sheets are known as anti-allergic, recommended for people with skin diseases, also for children.
– Linen fabric has a light massaging effect because of the microscopic breaks throughout the fabric.
– Linen has high air permeability and heat conductivity properties – that means, it is a breathable fabric – makes you warm in the winter and keeps cool in the summer.
– Linen can absorb as much as 20% of its weight in moisture before feeling wet… thus, always having a pleasant, fresh, cool feeling when touched or slept on.
– Linen sheets have a distinct, distinguished texture and delightful softness to them… in fact, becoming even softer and shinier with each washing.
– It is anti-static and can even help soften and preserve the skin due to its natural pH balance.
– A linen sheet actually repels dirt.
– Linen bedding is twice as durable as cotton bedding and can last the decades (an investment).
– It is environmentally friendly – all the flax used to make linen is used in other ways – the seeds are pressed to make linseed oil which is used in floor coverings, such as linoleum, and paint. Linen is a renewable resource and it needs no irrigation. Linen is also fully biodegradable.
– To own bed sheets of pure linen is certainly a status symbol… a choice and reflection of a more prestigious lifestyle (and always has been).
There are even more advantages, but isn’t this list enough to convince you what is best for your health and sound sleep?! Try linen bedding from LinenMe – it is well known for beautiful design and superb quality. And to share with you a small secret – our family manufacturing unit (where all LinenMe products are made) is proud that we made some bed sets for some Hollywood celebrities!!
Bring yourself the majestic comfort, peace of mind, a great quality sleep, and overall better health and wellness with 100% linen sheets. They are surely worth it!
Inga Lukauskiene is a passionate linen lover, designer and owner of LinenMe, which is a small 3rd generation family business working with linen fabric. Inga also runs a blog Linenbeauty.com, where shares her thoughts about simple and slow living.