Is your wardrobe summer-ready? Now that the mercury is rising and we're thinking about ice creams and sea swims rather than ice skates and hot baths, it's time to think about whether your clothes are right for this sunny season. Hot weather is great if you're a sun-seeker, but for many of us the heat makes us feel sweaty and uncomfortable. Did you know your clothing can make this worse, and also help make you feel better? It depends on the fabric you choose.
How? The answer lies in the properties of the materials. Many manmade fabrics, like nylon or polyester, are not breathable. They can cause us to overheat and make us sweat more. They trap heat and moisture, causing quite frankly a hot mess of a situation. Instead, natural fabrics like linen are far better in hot weather.
Discover the natural benefits of linen clothing for summer
- Breathability: Linen is highly breathable, allowing air to circulate around the body. This ensures you stay cool and comfortable when temperatures rise outside.
- Moisture-wicking: Your best bet for staying dry and stopping that horrible sticky, sweaty skin feeling is to choose linen. It absorbs and releases moisture quickly, keeping you feeling comfortable.
- Lightweight: Because it's light and airy, linen feels amazing against the skin in hot and humid weather. It's also great for vacation packing as it's non-bulky and easy to clean.
- UV protection: Amazingly, linen actually offers some natural UV protection for your skin. It can help prevent some of the harmful effects of sun exposure.
- Durability: Strong and long-lasting, linen can withstand multiple washes and uses, which means it can handle the demands of summer better than more fragile fabrics.
- Sustainable: Made from the flax plant that requires less water and pesticides to grow than other crops, linen is a sustainable and eco-friendly option for summer clothing.
Why choose LinenMe clothing for your summer wardrobe?
All these incredible natural properties mean linen has been a much-loved choice for summer clothing for centuries. But not all linen clothing is the same. Make sure you buy top quality pieces, designed to outlive fast-fashion fads and keep on looking beautiful for years. Like our linen clothing at LinenMe. We use only European certified linen to craft our timeless garments, and each one is pre-washed and dried to prevent further shrinkage and add extra softness.
From everyday linen shirts to wear-with-anything tunics, elegant maxi dresses to versatile linen scarves, we've got everything you need for a stylish, comfortable summer. Our clothing is designed for understated sophistication and easy wearability. Whether you're looking for a beach cover-up or a smart-but-relaxed jacket for the office, stay feeling fresh and cool all summer long with LinenMe.