For many of us the approach of Easter means celebrations and get-togethers. Older children return home, younger ones hunt for chocolate eggs, friends meet for lunch. It's a time to bring fallen blossom inside, to decorate with tiny eggs and homemade bird nests. A time to welcome the new life and growth happening around us in the natural world. And to create a beautiful Easter table setting that will make any meal feel special.
As well as the Christian festival of Easter, in Spring Jewish people mark the festival of Passover. Hindus celebrate Rama Navami, Baha'is mark Ridvan. Sikhs celebrate Vaisakhi and on May 26th Muslims mark The Prophet's Night Journey and Ascent. Whatever your faith - or whether you have none - the turning of the seasons and coming warmer weather is always a reason to get loved ones together around a table to share food and stories.
Which is why we're excited to be launching a new colourway in our chevron linen table linen. Our Mint linen tablecloth, napkins and table runner make the perfect backdrop for your Easter gathering. In a charming pastel tone, it's a gentle way to bring some colour to your table. The chevron design adds subtle texture and interest, without stealing the limelight.
Linen not only looks stylish and classic, it's also a great practical choice. Our linen table linen is machine washable and can be tumble dried. So you don't need to worry about food or drink spills. Linen is also inherently stain and dirt repellent, and is highly absorbent yet quick to dry. Top quality linen feels soft and comfortable to the touch, making it a great choice for napkins and tablecloths. It's also a more sustainable option, thanks to its durability, biodegradability and the need for fewer resources in the production process.
Tips for creating an elegant Easter table setting
- Use pastel, Spring-like tones for a fresh-feeling aesthetic
- Choose the best quality linen that will bring a luxe look to your dining room
- Pair your tablecloth or linen table runner with matching linen napkins for a pulled-together look
- Add single Spring flowers in small jars or use larger blossom branches if your table is big enough
- Light candles for an instantly special atmosphere
- Decorate eggs and place them in a nest made from twigs, moss and feathers foraged outdoors
- For a novel centrepiece idea, hollow out a cabbage and fill with flowers (see a lovely example here)
- Place small bowls of chocolate eggs around the table for people to nibble between courses
- Tie your linen napkins with pastel ribbon and tuck in a sprig of blossom or a single daffodil
Meet our chevron linen table linen collection
As well as the gorgeous new Mint colourway, our chevron table linen collection features Black and Natural Cream. We love the lighter Natural shade for summer table settings. It works really well with pops of colour from our other ranges, like a set of Rosa linen napkins paired with a Natural chevron tablecloth. Or try our Mint runner with Natural napkins for a stylishly mismatched look.
The Black chevron linen pieces make a dramatic style statement for a dinner table setting, or as a focal point in a minimalist space. They work brilliantly in a single tone, letting your tableware and food take centre stage.
But for your Easter table setting we think you can't do better than a beautiful Mint chevron tablecloth with matching napkins. And it will look great for years to come, thanks to the longevity of our top quality linen fabric.