Climate change should be uppermost on the agendas of world leaders and businesses. It's clear we need wide-reaching systemic change to limit temperature increases. But there are also things we can do as individuals to help protect the planet. As a company we're aiming for zero waste in our linen textiles production process. We also use green energy. And because linen is naturally biodegradable as well as very durable, it's a brilliant sustainable fabric too.
Here are some easy things we can all do to help the planet too.
- Fix leaks in pipes and taps in your home
- Harvest rainwater
- Don't overwater - or even water - lawns
- Choose drought-resistant plants
- Choose plants with deep roots
- Recycle waste water
- Pressure water companies to fix wasteful leaks in their systems
- Buy less but buy better - high quality items will last longer and create less waste
- Forget 'fast fashion' fads. Instead, buy things that have a timeless style and will work with your decor and wardrobe for the future
- Buy from brands who take sustainability seriously
- Choose natural fabrics, like linen, that biodegrade and don't require lots of resources to grow
Make our homes greener
- Insulate as much as possible
- Use energy from renewable sources
- Install solar panels if you can
- Save energy in the home - use a Smart meter to monitor usage and find ways to cut back
- Use natural fabrics, and ocean and river-friendly cleaning products and toiletries
- Use less plastic
- Cut back on waste food
With these simple steps we can all do our bit for a more sustainable way of life, whilst also campaigning for political, structural and geopolitical solutions to climate change. By shopping with us you're buying a beautiful, sustainable product from a family-run business committed to reducing our carbon footprint. Thank you!