From Instagram influencers to glossy magazines, linen bedding is widely considered to be luxurious. Have you ever wondered why many celebrities, 5-star hotels and countless everyday people who want top quality home textiles choose linen bed sheets, pillow cases and duvet covers? It can’t simply be because this ancient fabric has been used and loved in homes for generations. In fact, the appeal of linen is both practical and aesthetic, making it an essential fabric for the bedroom where the bed is often the most prominent item of furniture, and where we need to get the best sleep possible. In this post we’re going to examine just what it is that makes linen such a popular choice for bedlinen.
What are the advantages of pure linen bedding?
- Thanks to linen fabric’s unique filtering, bacteria resistant, ventilating, moisture absorbing and evaporating capabilities, linen bedsheets are the perfect companion for a good night’s sleep. Linen is anti-allergic, making it suitable for people with skin diseases or sensitivities, and also for children and babies.
- As linen fabric has microscopic breaks throughout its structure it has a subtle massaging effect on the skin.
- Renowned for its breathability, linen fabric is highly air permeable and heat conducting. As if by magic, this means it keeps you warm in the winter and cool in hot weather, which helps you sleep comfortably and deeply.
- Linen can absorb as much as 20% of its weight in moisture before feeling wet. This ability to wick moisture away from the body keeps your skin feeling fresh and cool.
- Linen sheets have a distinct, luxurious texture and delightful softness, making them feel delicious to relax back into after a long day. And what’s more, they get even softer and more supple with each wash, getting better with age.
- By helping the skin retain its natural pH balance, linen can help soften and look after your skin as you sleep. It is also anti-static, which increases your skin comfort.
- A linen sheet actually repels dirt, making this fabric perfect for high wear areas like the bed.
- Linen bedding is twice as durable as cotton bedding and can last for decades. This makes the cost-per use amazingly low, and ensures that buying linen bedlinen is a great investment.
- Because all the different parts of a flax part are used, linen is a very environmentally friendly fabric. The best fibres are used to produce linen, and the seeds are pressed to make linseed oil for floor coverings, such as linoleum, and paint. Not only does this reduce waste, flax also requires no irrigation, is biodegradable and is a renewable resource.
- To own bed sheets and linen duvet covers crafted from pure flax linen is a luxury that we can all enjoy. Linen bedlinen graces the most stylish of rooms and is often featured in the homes of style leaders, who love it for its natural charm and simple good looks – we’ve even sold some of our bedlinen to Hollywood celebrities! It’s the perfect way to show the world you have great taste, without having to shout about it.
Bring the majestic comfort, peace of mind, great quality sleep and overall better health and wellness of 100% linen sheets into your home. You won’t want to sleep on anything else.
About the author:
Inga Lukauskiene is a passionate linen lover, designer and owner of LinenMe, a small 3rd generation family business working with linen fabric. Inga also runs the blog Linenbeauty.com, where shares her thoughts about simple and slow living.